Back to Full List
Under the direction of the vice president, processing manager, the IRA specialist is responsible for all critical areas of IRA processing, including the validation of all new accounts, contributions, distributions, and account closings.
- Ensure the bank's compliance with IRA regulations and tax reporting for both the IRS and customers. Attend industry seminars, webinars, and user groups to remain current with changes to IRA rules and regulations. Serve as the bank-wide resource for information and questions and act as the bank's main liaison to our outside IRA consultant.
- Process the bank's incoming returns, ensure the daily disposition of presented items, balance to the Fed account, and notify customers and account officers of these items.
- Manage requests from other departments, within the Processing Area, Certificate of Deposit processing, and responses to attachments and levies.
- Serve as a backup to other critical functions within the department, as well as cross train on Exceptions Desktop, including balancing and processing of the outgoing returns.
- Serve as the backup for non-post processing, foreign collections, BizBanker setup and maintenance, and escheatment processing.
- Three years' experience working at a bank or financial institution
- At least three years' exposure to IRA processing preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the bank's staff
To apply, submit resumes to:
Fax: to 617-349-0784
Cambridge Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer