Back to Full List
||Commercial Credit Analyst
Reporting to the vice president, manager of the Commercial Credit Department, the credit analyst helps ensure a high level of credit quality within the Bank's commercial loan portfolio. The credit analyst analyzes all relevant industry, credit, and financial data to evaluate the creditworthiness of potential and existing C & I and commercial real estate borrowers to make appropriate recommendations regarding financing.
The credit analyst performs research and analysis and prepares written credit reports for relationship managers and senior bank management that identifies credit risks and policy issues. This includes evaluating collateral, loan purpose and repayment sources, credit history, business operations and financial condition, management ability, and industry and economic conditions. The reports may include a variety of financial analyses such as: ratio and trend analysis, project analyses, projections, and the detailed analysis of business, individual, and global cash flow and debt service coverage. The credit analyst assigns the appropriate credit ratings, spreads financial statements and tax returns, advises lending officers on credit structure, performs comprehensive loan reviews, and assists in various department projects, portfolio analyses, and the maintenance of databases.
- At least three years' progressive experience in commercial credit, cash flow analysis, and financial analysis for both C&I and investment real estate customers (construction and income properties) and has a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business management.
- Knowledge of business lending, personal/business financial statements and tax returns, loan documentation, and related state and federal regulations
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office applications, including spreadsheet expertise
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Analytical and decision-making skills and the ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Formal credit training and/or MBA is a plus.
To apply, submit resumes to:
FAX: to 617-349-0784
Cambridge Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer